My life and my loves!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

I love Saturdays!

First of all, I would like to inroduce myself. My name is Ramon and I am the husband of the blogger here. I don't know why, but I find myself motivated to fill you guys in on our typical Saturday.

Saturdays are the best day of the week in my opinion. It usually starts with me getting up at about 7 am (or earlier, that's sleeping in for me). I make a cup of coffee and proceed to catch up on my local current events online. It's usually about an hour later that Ethan, our 4 year old comes into the living room to join me, usually with the greeting "Daddy, I didn't potty in my bed!" Today was a little different, a little more special. My 10 year old son, Ramon IV or Little Ramon, was visiting for the weekend. His visits are becoming few and far between. Anyway, he is the first one out of bed this morning and his first act is to give me a huge bear hug. I used to love those bear hugs until he started trying to catch up to me height wise. Pretty soon, I will be Little Ramon and he will be Big Ramon. I begin my Saturday morning ritual of preparing breakfast. I know it will only be a matter of time before Ethan and Elise are up and running around. Sure enough, just as soon as the bacon starts cooking, here comes Ethan, so excited because "bubba" is here. Shortly after Ethan's entrance, I hear Elise start laughing and calling for mama. That is usually my cue to shut the door to our bedroom to allow Kristy about an extra hour or so of sleep. I open the door to Elise's room and there is nothing like the feeling of having those beautiful blue eyes open wide at my entrance and that huge smile that she gets when I come into the room. She really makes me feel special. I bring her into the kitchen and straight to her high chair. She knows whats coming. She too is pretty excited about seeing her "bubba." As I am busy in the kitchen, I can't help but to keep watching my kids playing together. Some of the sweetest sounds on earth are the noises kids make when they are getting along. Ramon is such a good big brother. It's funny watching Ethan tackle him and pretend like he is beating up the bad guy. And Ramon plays the role and lets Ethan win. Elise is happy watching while snacking on some Cheerios. Finally breakfast is ready. Usually, I take Elise and put her on the bed to wake up mommy. Today is a little different because I had to run to the store for some OJ, milk and bacon, so Kristy is already up. We all sit at the table and just enjoy each others' company.

I look forward to Saturdays. But as I was driving Ramon back to his mom's house, I couldn't help but wonder how many of those saturdays we will have. Ramon is already at that preteen stage, about 2 years too early. It's only a matter of time before Ethan, then Elise hit that same stage. Its sad to think about, but for now, I am going to keep enjoying those Saturday mornings.

1 comment:

Lynelle said...

I wish you lived next door -- I would come eat breakfast with you! yummy! :) But, I guess that would kinda ruin the whole family time neatness...hmm.

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

layout

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, a mom, and for now a student!

Who reads this mess?

Blog Archive